Sunday, September 7, 2008

Worry

One of the issues I have been talking to God about lately is worry. Worry caused me to drop out of the School of Ministry prematurely when I was faced with a great deal of problems all at the same time right before it started. I know from experience that worry can be paralyzing and I think that is why the Lord said, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" Mt6:25 I feel that worry is probably the most antithetical to faith and that is why I think the Lord told us that we should live by faith and faith alone. I have found that when I just stay in the moment and I do not look to the future, God places things in my path that I am to benefit from. In this case, Calvary and the School of Ministry was a way for me to learn things I have wanted to learn for a long time, all for the glory of the Lord. That is why I returned. I sat back and asked myself an important question: If I have a job, and all these new people in my life, and the ability to learn everything I need to know to begin ministry, who am I to worry about what is going on to the point of casting it aside? It was faith that brought me back and I feel blessed that the Lord allowed me to.
-- Darren Pettis

No comments: