Monday, September 22, 2008

Waiting on the Lord

Habakkuk3:17-19
Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls—
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
he LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

For about a month or so now I have been having a hard time having a quiet time with God. I don't feel like He's speaking to me at all. I felt a lot better after class on thursday and talking to you, so that night when i had my prayer time i just prayed He would speak. I didn't know where to start so i just opened up to any random page (not in a mystical kind of "this is God's message" way but I really didn't know where to read, and all scripture is God inspired so i went for it) and read Habakkuk 3:17-19. It really spoke to me (not in the way i wanted it to but in a way that answered my prayers anyways). He is basically saying even if everything fails him, even things that are expected to work just don't go his way, He will rejoice in the Lord. That was really humbling to me because I may not hear His voice, may not see His face, but I should always rejoice in the Lord. I know He wont let me down, He is the God of my salvation and I know He is doing something in my life, i just don't know what it is yet, but i trust Him and will wait for His time.
--Bekah

No comments: