Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daily Devo

Ecclesiastes 7:8-9, 16-18
1) Through many things (tasks) in life, I maybe tempted and have to go through tribulations. But God said” The end is better than the beginning.”
To get to the end I must go through persecutions and accomplish things in my life.
2) V8. To be patient with God is not to put him on a time-line, where you give him so much or so little time to answer prayers. In this, I am learning how to be very patient. I know it is by his will, not by mine, so I need to learn how to listen to God when he speaks. Because he is in control.
3) V9. I need to learn how to control my feelings to others around me. Also, meaning learning how to be patient with my neighbors.
4) V16. Always humble yourself, because a servant is not greater than his master. If I get too prideful in my accomplishments or in my life, I am only destroying my spirit and soul. Also this passage refers to 1 Corin. 10:13, where it says “We should not boast beyond our measures, but stay within the limits that God has appointed us.”
5) Always keep in contact with God, Do not go astray or be foolish. If I live and abide by the laws that God has given to me, I will live to the end of my days. My focus is to keep God in my heart, read and live by the word of God, and stay in relationship with him.
6) V18. To fear God is a good thing. Noah moved with fear, when he built the ark. To fear God is to obey God as well. It is a fearful thing to live in this world without knowing God and it is also a fearful thing to end up in the hands of God. So, this I say to myself fear God and I will live to the end of my days.
--Landoll Benally

No comments: