Monday, September 22, 2008

Be an Example

In Romans 2:17-24 Paul is speaking to the Jews and calls them out as hypocrites. He starts off listing the good qualities of what the Jews should be doing and they are confident in their ability to be leaders and teachers. However, this is where they go wrong. In the very thing that they are purposed for, they become prideful and think of themselves as above others. Paul goes on in a series of statements questioning whether they live up to their proclaimed teachings. Their hypocritical actions blasphemed the name of God among the Gentiles, who are watching the Jews. I found a strong parallel here for us. Even stating we are Christians draws attention to us, let alone when we share that we are attending the School of Ministry. We have eyes upon us who don't know Christ, who are curious of Christ, or who are looking for encouragement towards Christ. Lord, it is great for us to be eager to share what you are doing in our lives, but my prayer is that the focus will always remain on your grace and glory and not my pride and perseverance. Seek out my heart and hold me accountable in your convictions. May you shine through it all. Thank you for loving me enough to convict me and bless me.
--E. Freese

No comments: