Monday, September 22, 2008

Gifts

Ephesians 4:11-13 God has used this verse to remind me that I have a responsibility to Him and my brothers and sisters in Christ to use the gifts He has given me according to the measure of the grace given to me, to build up the body of Christ. He tells me in (vs 11) that He Himself gave some to be and then He goes on to say some of the gifts He has given. This serves to remind me that if He Himself gave me a gift to use shouldn't I be using it ? Then in verse (vs 12) He tells me why I should be using it.For the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of Christ's body. Here He is telling me that I have a part or roll to carry out in the body. And in (vs 13) He let's me no when I no longer have to use my gift and I can sit back and relax and enjoy the ride. Till the entire body of Christ comes to a unity of faith and the knowledge of the son to a perfect man to the measure and the stature of the fullness of Christ ! "Are we there yet"? He uses these verses to let me know that He has work for me to do. I'm to strive in His power by the measure of the grace He has given me to carry out the work that He has called me to do.
--Tim Lindquist

No comments: