Monday, September 22, 2008

The Moments I Toss Away

"There is a time for everything,and a season for every activity under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1
God showed me something profound today: I was talking with one of the girls at student ministry, and where in the conversation I mentioned (rather shamefully) that I didn't have a job. Instead of chastising me for my laziness, she told me that God could use this. She told me I had the opportunity to worship God in ways I won't be able to later...(Leastways, it was something like that-- sorry if I misquoted you, Tricia!)Anyway, I was stunned. I had never thought of it that way. God was, (and could) use a circumstance that I saw as a source of vexation might be a tool to his revelation? Yeah right.Sometimes, we get caught up in life--sort of like in a road trip. We get so focused on the milemark-- so centered on the destination, we forget to have fun while we're going. We get so fixated on that one promotion, one graduation, one guy/girl, we forget what God wants us to do right now.Lately, I've been trying to trust God more. Or I've been praying for that at least. I get stuck to thinking--"He wants this desire, and that relationship, and that thought"--(which he does)--so much so that I forget that He wants the little moments that i too rashly fling away.So what moments do i have, and how can i use them for God's glory?
--Cashie

No comments: