Monday, September 22, 2008

Wait on the Lord

So..i have been going through a little struggle lately. Praying for this, that and the other... feeling so far from the Lord. I have been praying for Him to reveal the sin that is hindering my communion with Him more than ever as well as the other 500 things on my prayer list. :-) Ok..not that many, but you all know what I mean. Well..long story short..the Lord had me read Isaiah 30..i have actually never readit before. As I read it..i was a little bummed out to be honest..I was thinking..where is the Lord going with this. Then..oh man..verse 18 Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you; And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for Him. How long did the Lord have to wait for each and every one of us to come to Him. Do we truly understand that? I know i didn't..or maybe I thought I did. Now as I am feeling distant from the Lord..or like He is not answering my prayers..or whatever it is...I am commanded to wait on Him. I am so undeserving of the patience he had with me...i can at least do the same for Him. Which..we all know..His timing is perfect! Love you all!
--Laney

No comments: