Monday, September 22, 2008

Decrease

15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to SimonPeter, “Simon, son of Jonah,[b] do you love Me more thanthese?”He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”
I’ve been thinking about this verse for my devo.Peter had completely failed and Jesus is restoring him.I’m sure in Peters mind it was over But in Gods mind ithad just begun.This man is humble now ready to leadand God starts telling him what he is to do. This is thepart that catches my attention “Feed my Lambs.” In mymind the Lambs are the younger ones as compared tothe Sheep in the following verse.Lambs are babes.Theymake messes and need special constant care.They needspecial attention and this is where God starts withPeter.He entrusts to this man infants.Later in Acts we seeit fulfilled with all the new believers.Thats just what weregoing to be doing in church, after the salvation calldealing with the Lambs.To our class SOM do you loveme? “Feed my Lambs.”
--Kurt Kreider John 21-15 LambsJhn 3:30"He must increase, but I must decrease. We all need this attitude,weall need to decrease and let him increase.We can do this by our thoughts andactions toward each other esteeming others better than ourselves. I believeJohn had the right perspective and was humble we can too.

No comments: