Friday, September 5, 2008

Holy Spirit

1 John 4:4You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. I chose this verse for my personal devotional, because I know without a shadow of a doubt that i need the GREAT one that lives in me. Since I have started SOM God has been showing me how much I really need Him. Jesus said in John 15:5 "for without me you can do nothing" and that is one of the truest statements in the bible. In order for me to overcome he that is in this world I need God's HOLY SPIRIT. For without him i can do nothing at all in this world. I am learning by the Grace of God to relay on Him in every aspect of my life. O Holy Spirit, descend plentifully into my heart. Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling and scatter there Thy cheerful beams.
--Adam Apodaca

No comments: