Monday, September 22, 2008

Trusting the Lord

Jeremiah 17:5-85
Thus says the LORD:
“ Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the LORD.
6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,
And shall not see when good comes,
But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,
In a salt land which is not inhabited.
7 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear[a] when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
This verse has really come alive to me this Som year. I have hard time trusting the Lord with every circumstance in my life, and this verse really puts it all into perspective for me on why i should Trust the Lord in every way. I never would have thought i was cursed put according to the word of the Lord i'am cursed because i make flesh my strength or in other words i trust man moreover myself. God is showing me this year that i need to trust Him. The verse also says that my heart has departed from the Lord. This part of the verse really challenged me because my heart is not with the Lord it has departed from Him. And when that happens i become like a shrub in a dry salty land no water really no life.But the contrast is Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and his hope is in the Lord. Blessed a beauitful word something that i long to be but i want to take into my own hands. And all i have to do is Trust him. Then i will be like a tree planed by the water spreading out it's root full of life a tree by the river is beauitful. And when the hard times come i will not cease to bear fruit. This verse has been my hope for the past few weeks, may God continue to grant me the Grace and the Faith to Trust him with my whole heart.
--Adam Apodaca

No comments: