Monday, September 22, 2008

God's Perfect Timing

I have been reading through Genesis, and this week I was in the life of Joseph. I focused mainly on chapter 41. It is so amazing to me to see all the hardships Joseph went through; for example, he was not liked by his brothers, sold into slavery by them, thrown into jail even though he was innocent, and these are only a few. Through all of these hardships Joseph trusted in God! He was faithful in the small things and, in time, God rewarded Him with big things. The end of vs. 41:55 Pharaoh says, "Go to Joseph; whatever he says to you, do." He went from a slave and a prisoner to being second only to Pharaoh. We never read that Joseph became impatient with God, I wonder if he did? But we see Joseph trusting in what God has for him, and waiting on God's perfect timing! I know this is something I struggle with, taking things from God and doing them in my own timing. Is this something you do, or are you content waiting on the Lord?
--Shawna Willis

No comments: